My gasket arrived - Y pipe and High Flow cat going on tonight! Not Done have a question . .

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Heckler

Reaction score
After listening to the tracs at the LI meet last weekend I have been dying to get my exhaust parts installed. I just found out the missing gasket arrived ( Thanks George) so I will be busy tonight installing the y-pipe and High Flow Cat.:D:D:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Scott i'm the same way. After hearing Todd's ST, it really made me want to get the y-pipe and high flow cat. But i have decided to do my own y-pipe in order to save alittle to buy the XCal2:D

Well I managed to get all the nuts off and had to brake the two holding the exhaust to the cat. The pre cat on the passenger side really blocks you from getting a deep socket on the nut and get it seated all the way to brake it loose. It was late so i left it like that and have to get new bolts today. PB Blaster really works wonders . . .

Do I have to remove the O2 sensors while the pipes are in place or are the wires long enough to drop down and then remove? Do the wires disconnect? It was hard enough to get up there to remove the Y-pipe's nuts. Any tips?

Thanks