MY SHIFTTTING KNOB!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i can not change my shifting knob! i have tried everything and nothing seems to work. has anyone had experience with this? can someone just give me an idea or even better a tutorial of how to do this?

If you are say you cant chage gears. Ther is a bolt below the column that can get loose or fall out. It will make the shifter hang up.

Eddie, he's talking about the shifter knob on his stick shift. Isaac, as far as I know the knob is a solid piece with the rest of the shifter, I could be mistaken. Let me check and I'll let you know.

Eddie, If you look at the "Catagory" that he listed this post under you will see "Manual Transmission".

Isaac, I have a manual tranny, and the top of the shifter that the knob sits on has splines. You should be able to just pull up, or tap on it from the bottom, on the shifter knob to get it off. If someone has glued it on you will have to destroy it, and replace it with a new one. You might want to consider the Ford Ranger FX4 shifter which is a direct fit, and the shifter knob is very nice looking.

Latest posts