MY ST Accident

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon W9

Reaction score
ST: 1 Focus: 0

I was on my way to work this morning, driving down some side streets at about 25 mph. At an intersection I see a Foucs stopped at a stop sign, my way was straight through. I split second later I look out my driver's side window and see the Focus next to my truck. I thought I could squeeze by but WHAM!

Next thing it feels like I am 6 feet in the air. I am on 2 wheels in the middle of the raod!! I cut the wheel right and bring it back down on all fours! Whew, I thought I was going over!

I pull over and get out to check on the other driver. She was fine, her car was not. The front end was pretty tor up. Bumper gone, hood crumpled, fender pushed into doors, leaking fluids.I am not sure how fast she could have been going, since she was stopped, and only had about 1 lane-width to accelerate. No air bags deployed.

I walk over to check on the ST. Supprisingly, not too much VISIBLE damage. She hit right on my drivers-side rear wheel. Cracked to plastic on the front, and gouged the fiberglass on the wheel well about 4-6 inches long. I have to get it into the shop and have it checked out, but I am at work now.

Man, what a morning!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, sounds like you did some good driving there. Glad you're OK.

Video games came in handy. Otherwise I don't know if I would have been able to land it.

I will takes some pics of the ST when I get home.

Latest posts