My trac won't turnover so looking for places to beign to look......

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean Cobb

Reaction score
:smile0004: So unfortunately last night the weather got the best of my 2WD Trac and my fiancee slid off the highway and put it on its top. We got it wrecked out of their and the top is dinged up and in need of a new windshield. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions into why the vehicle wont turn over.

I went through and flipped the inertia switch (fuel shutoff) and checked majority of the fuses. Plugged a battery charger up to her but the baby doesnt even want to crank over. You cannot hear the starter trying to engage or anything. Just looking for any suggestions.... Please help

Does you shift lever move easily and display the correct position? Can you start in neutral? If not you could look underneath at trans and see if there is any visible damage or debris stuck around the linkage.

How about a Dead Battery?? If it flipped over the battery electorlite probably leaked out!

...Rich

I would bet a bad battery is the answer unless the battery shorted against the hood and shorted some fuses....

Todd Z

Could be a million things but if you have power I would check the cables from the battery to be sure you still have a ground and power to the starter. Since the solenoid is not engaging try bypassing the ignition at the starter to see if that will work. If so, could be a problem in the ignition switch or the harness.

Ok so the sarcastic side of me says the truck won't turnover because it was turned over:smile0005::smile0008: but the battery/ cables/ ground straps might have come off when the truck was flipped. I'd look at all the electrical cables from/to battery, starter, and ground straps. When it turnedover some wires somewhere were crimped and either shorted the battery or is touching metal and drained the battery by the time you tried to start it. Keep us posted with updates and pics. As long as everyone involved is ok the truck can be fixed.

:worthless:

Sorry no one else did so I had to!! BTW glad no one was hurt and it looks like the ST held up pretty good!!

Check the starter relay. Just swap it out with the horn relay and see if that gets anything going. Something rare, but they do fail, and it is very easy to see if that is it.

You are probably gonna have to cuddle up with a wiring diagram and multimeter and start hunting down the break.

Latest posts