Navigation install

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JR Neuzil 2

Reaction score
I was shopping for a Navigation/radio replacement for my 2005 ST xlt premium at the Crutchfield site. On the installation information they talk about having to alter the "sub dash". I was wondering if anyone has done this and what they mean by that.

Thanks,

JR

Some trimming is required on inside of the bezel that surrounds the radio. Easy to do and the trimmed edge does not show after the installation.

Do a search for 'double din', some good threads on the subject.

[Broken External Image]:

As rmac said, it's hidden after the install by the filler plate. I have an old post somewhere (tried to find it but could not) about the installation procedure.

Thanks Adam. I will do that search. The picture puts my mind at ease and so does hearing from you about what needs to be done.

Thanks,

JR

[Broken External Image]:

Before and after picture.. more in the folder called Eclipse stereo. some even show what was trimmed for the installation of the nav system..

I bought an bezel from an Explorer with the rear defroster so I could have an extra switch for other things..

Hope this helps..

Latest posts