Need a little help.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris McQuay

Reaction score
Just got done spending the better half of the day installing the "ebay intake" same one that derek fugate did a project on. Any way in order to get it to fit how I wanted I had to trim the nipple down for the crank case breather, I am using bypass kit so i don't need it. But I have had to trim it to keep it from hitting the alt. and now it is to short to put a cap and clamp on it and was wondering if I could scuff up the inside and fill it with JB kwik? Will this work or will it suck it out and into my motor?:blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Trim the cap so it just fits, and then use the JB weld on it to hold it in place instead of a clamp.

Trim the cap so it just fits, and then use the JB weld on it to hold it in place instead of a clamp

I would use a silicone sealant rather than JB weld. If the JB breaks up, you've got little chunks of hard stuff being ingested. At least the silicone would be soft and might not do as much damage.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ended up taking a bolt with washer putting it threw from the inside then filling the whole with silicone then placing a washer on the bolt sticking out with a nut on it sandwiching the pipe and silicone between the washer, that should keep it form coming lose and ending up in my motor. Thanks help guys.;)