Need a tuner to add torque

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRENT BERRY

Reaction score
Hi! I have a 2004 sporttrac with a 3" body lift and 285/75/16 on it also have k&n intake system and cat back dual exhaust.......I do a bunch of towing including a 18" charger boat and dual inclosed snowmobile trailer and am looking to get a bit of torque back for towing with 285's .....I wondered if anyone can tell me the best programmer/tuner to buy and flashed with what special tune to do what i want to do ???? as well as where u got it and who is best to deal with !!!!

thanks brent

email : [email protected]

hey brent i dont own a tuner yet but the xcal 2 is what everyone here uses.

people have had good luck with doug from bamachips.

he is a site sponsor, also underdog performance (another site sponsor) sells the xcal2.

hope this helps.

paul h:)

If your ST came with the 3;73 rear gears. It is going to be hard to get that low end take off torque back, with that tall tire. You might be able to increase midrange with a tuner...

We have an '01 with 3:73 rear end, and the XCal 2 makes a big difference. We haven't done any towing yet, but I did get a tune for towing as well as one for better gas milage. Also, recommend using a good synthetic oil; engine, tranny, and differential. Also, get ZabTech's modified throttle body for more air flow. :D

Latest posts