Need an expert opinion

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Majer 3rd

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been having an issue with my ST for a couple months now. When I hit a dip, pothole, speedbump, it feels like the rear end is bottoming out. The ride hight is about the same as it was new when I bought it in 2002. I put in new Rancho RSX shocks about a year ago and they ride fine. From my inspection of the rear end, it looks like the shakels maybe coming in contact with the hitch assembly and the bushings in the frame look like they are bagged out.

Could this be what is causing my problem, and if so, where can I get these parts? The auto parts store does not seem to carry any poly bushings, and I would prefer not to go with the stock rubber from Ford.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
the bottom pic is the rear leaf spring shackle, the first pic looks like the body mount...

I am sure the stuff is available aftermarket, But check out our new site sponsor, they may have the OEM parts cheep..

Todd Z

You need to resize your pics... Like the others, it is all but impossible to see what we are looking at.

Sorry...

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Here for temp service I reduced ur photos.... :wacko::wacko:

save em to your library if you would like to have em for the future. majer3rd

Latest posts