Need Flat Tow info and help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GHarvey

2005 XLT Adrenaline
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello All

I recently purchased a Class C RV and need a vehicle to tow behind it. I really want a Sport Trac but hear that they can be problematic to modify/outfit for flat towing ? I hear the Neutral Tow Kit is no longer avail for Gen 1 ? What about Gen 2? Any and all advice about flat towing Gen 1, Gen 2, 4x4 or 2wd is greatly appreciated.
Thanks !

I believe you found it in another thread right ???

Yes Todd Z, and thanks for your input! I started a new member thread that touched on this and then a classified ad looking for a truck that touched it too. I wanted to make sure I was reaching everyone and getting the best info possible so I started another thread in a different section. I’m educated now but still looking for the right truck. I drove 2 hours on Saturday to look at a rig but another guy was buying it as I pulled up. Frustrating. Thanks again !

Too bad your far from me..... The black truck is being traded in a few weeks.... Id sell it for what the dealer offered, I think its fair.....

That’s a sweet rig ! I’m really holding out for a truck with a shell/cap as I have 3 dogs that will need it. The shells as you know are no longer made and finding them used for sale is very rare. Interestingly enough, while randomly searching various Craigslist sites I found a bunch of Sport Trac rigs for sale in Portland Or. That’s close enough to shop, LA too. I’m patient, I’ll find the right rig! Thanks !

The Red rig in Eugene looks solid. Fair price. Going to call the dealer today and ask about service records.

What’s with these rigs and Oregon ? My goodness.

Thanks and good looking out !

Also check Facebook Marketplace.
near me, it has become the "new Fad/Trend"......... instead of craigslist.
No idea why as FBs marketplace setup SUCKS~!!!!!

so most of oregon is rust free so older rigs tend to be in good shape, i moved from oregon portland area and they are so popular when they came out, for tighter trails and there 4 doors and no carpet for the sand, i have gotten 3 gen 1 all in great condition and cheap they all were front hub issues but were cheap to fix. they cost from 800 to 1500 low miles no rust, so if ya got time look in clackamas or washington county thats around portland 10 hour drive from sac but worth the drive. medford like he said is good place just not as populated.

Latest posts