Need help from the experts

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel B

Reaction score
Yesterday after hearing all of those nice sounding exhaust at the Long Island Meet, i decided to remove the cats. I'm eventually going to get a high flow cat but until then i want to try and remove at least 3 of the 4 we have. My question is, what can i do w/ the O2 sensor? I know its going to start throwing out codes like crazy. What can i do to prevent this but still remove the cats?

Thanks in advance

Dan

Hey Daniel you can start by removing the y-pipe and putting in the Random Tech Y-pipe.

You can find that on zabteck.com(shameless plug)

That will remove 2 of them. you can leave the other 2 for now and then replace with the

high flow cat, that will then remove all 3 cats. You can also find that at zabteck.com(shameless plugs flying around here:D)

Check out the link below for the info on both.

Paul H

Daniel,

Unless you get an Xcal you are not able to disable any of the O2 sensors without throwing codes. Your best bet is to cut out the cats but cut around the bungs for the sensors and leave those in place.

I heard your exhaust but forgot to ask if the shop removed the resonators when they installed the exhaust. Also, are you 100% sure they put a flowmaster 40 int here? Can you see any numbers stamped on the muffler?

I just happen to have a brand new, in the box, y-pipe sitting in my basement which will save you some trouble. You can even have it today if you want. :D

Thanks for the plugs Paul :p

George

Last edited by a moderator:
Daniel, get the Y-pipe from George C. The time, effort & expense will not equal what is already available and you can install it in about 1 hour. Good Luck...

Paul- Yes this morning i was look at what you guys have to offer and i was impressed, but i want to save up for the XCal2:D

George- I actually bought it from autozone and installed it myself ( i also do custom work)

Before that i had a muffler shop bend me a new exhaust pipe (2.5") which left me w/ only the 4 cats.

About the y-pipe, let me know how much you want for it.

Les- I agree. Not only will it be easier for the install but it will also look nicer