Need help with Gauges lights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok guys....anyone see this? I have an 01 ST and the light at the 60 MPH portion of the speedometer is out. everything else is lit up but about one inch from 55 to 65 MPH. Ideas? anyone have this. The ford strealer told me to bring it in and diagnose it but couldnt give me a cost. said it could be a "logic board'

Poman out...

I had the same problem, probably just the light bulb. I just replaced all of mine this past weekend. There was five of them part # 194pb I think it was, check with the local parts store for dash lights, make sure it is not the really small bulb but one about the size of the over head light bulb. They have a black "twist" on conector. about $3.99 a pair. Kinda a pain to replace cause you gotta take off alot of screws and panels. Here is a link on how to.

http://www.mysporttrac.com/MySportTrac/projects/Replacing_Instrument_Cluster_Bulbs.pdf

I know it says use part #194, but if you get the bulbs with the black connector, 195BP or pb its got to letters next to it but still a 194, that should do the trick!

I had the opposite problem. I had so many out that the only part of the speedo that was lit up was the part that you have lost! So I looked in the projects and found the project for changing the dash lights out. There are five of them, but for some reason I thought it was only three bulbs instead of five, so I only bought four bulbs. So when I got it apart and found out it was five, I thought "well I still have one working bulb, so I'll just change out the burned out bulbs." When it was all back together, that one working bulb was now the only dead bulb! Change them all!

Latest posts