Need Help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Thomas

Reaction score
The attached photos show a part that fell from beneth the dash board of a 2001 ST hitting the drivers right foot (on the accelerator). Can anybody tell me what it is? What does it do? Where does it go? And, is it save to drive the ST until it can be reinstalled or replaced? Right now the ST is parked :( until I can find out if it is safe to drive.

Thanks,

[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:

Well, it is some sort of a pin that something has been swinging on. It is close to a door hinge pin but slightly different. For the heck of it, take a look at you door hinges and see if they are all there or if they look entirely different than the picture.

I did not catch the size the first time I read the post. Too small for a door pin.

I agree that is looks like a shaft for a rotating switch.

Looks like some sort of alignment pin. If so it would only be needed when installing whatever part...

Do you think it has anything to do with the gear shift lever, gear shift or steering locking mechanisms? What about the tilt sheering wheel?

BT

Latest posts