Need radio removal tool.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you mean the two "U" shaped pieces of metal, than yes.

Also, if it's for installing a new unit, and you buy from Crutchfield, they send all the adapters and tools for free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, either cut a coat hanger and jam it in and hope you don't break the hold clips or go to your local autoparts store and lay out a $5bill and buy some...

Last edited by a moderator:
you can go to best Buy, Pep boys, Circuit City, or any places that sell radios pretty much. They usually sell for $2- 10.00 for the tool, when bought my installation kit for the Pioneer Head Unit I put in the tool was included with the kit. The kit only cost me $16. Hope that helps you good luck. Jerry Gerner

You really don't need them for an ST. Just take the two 7mm screws our of the radio bezel and pull the whole thing out, then push the retainers in and the radio will come right out of the front. It is easier then it sounds.

I was able to reach the retainers with my hands by going in through the glovebox. Course I'm a bit of an ape. I also made the clips with a hanger, which didn't work for me because the previous owner tapped off the holes.

Dang, I missed this thread. I had a pair of the tools which a member kindly sent me for free. I believe I sent them to another member. I will double check to be sure. Let me know if you still need them.

Latest posts