need some help guys

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayne Fajkus

Reaction score
What years have the ST been produced and in which year were there major design changes (if any). I gather the 4.0 has been the exclusive engine until 2007. I assume that the MAF sensor changed in 2004 (Built into the filter cover). Did Ford install a drive by wire system at anypoint like the 2005+ Mustang 4.0? Any general info you can give me would be appreciated.

I need some schooling. haha

The 4.0 was the engine of choice. The intake was different on the 2001 Job 1. From 2001 job 2 to 2005 The engine, intake, and all other parts were the same. The sport trac MAF is not built into the intake until 2007. The 01-05 are a separate design. Only interior and some cosmetics were different. There was NO 2006 Sporttrac.

The throttle by wire is on the 2007 ST v6 and v8.

The motor is the same as the mustang and explorer in the 2007.

The 2001-2005 is the same as the 2002-2003 ranger.

The 2001-2005 St engine is different than the 2001-2005 mustangs.

The block and internals are the same, but accessories and stuff are different.

Hope this helps

George

George pretty much has it covered. The only other difference I can think of (this might not have any bearing) is there were options for all the 2001 job2- 2005's of the 3.73 non-locking or limited slip and a 4.10 non-locking or limited slip differentials.;)

Jeff, that is all you have to say.Your the one that is checking into the motor so much. lol_Ron

Thanks. I'm dealing with info that's not updated. K&N shows intakes through 2004, none for 2005. I take it the same kit fits through 2005.

Blackhat,

Not even that, Kind of an inside joke between me, Jeff and George...

Todd Z

Wayne, Feel free to call me with any questions...

Todd Z

I'm just amazed at how quickly you've gathered an encyclopedic knowledge of the Sport Trac. :lol:

When the truck is off and the truck locked, who has a red blinking light in the gauge cluster? I need to check every year model.

All STs from 01-05 have the blinking light, regardless of options or year. It's parts of the PATS system. The PATS was dropped on the Ranger, but never on the ST.

You guys forgot the most important change. After 2002 you could no longer just press the red button on the seat belt buckle to eliminate the annoying seat belt chime. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: