Need some help with paint color

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad Merry

Reaction score
Ok I have an 02' it is white with the black cladding. I painted the cladding black using the dupli color bumper paint.

What I want to do now is get it painted by a body shop to get a better quality paint finish.

So now I am torn between painting it gloss black, or painting it white to match the truck.

My preference is to paint it the truck color.

That's what I would do.

It doesn't matter what other people would do, right?:)

What do you like?

Last edited by a moderator:
The only colors I like completely color matched are Black, all the blues, and the dark green...

I personally like all the other colors with the black gloss cladding...

Todd Z

I like both ways. Here is a pic of the painted white cladding:

[Broken External Image]:

Good luck with the choice.

Paul H

Also just a side note i used to paint cars for my uncle a few years back and a auto body shop is not going to spray auto paint over spray paint. So you will probably have to do it yourself or pay them to remove the paint and then spray.

I was always told that the abs plastic that our bumpers is made of cant be totaly smoothed out and that it doesnt accept paint well. is that not true?? is so then id love to get mine painted to match, i thought i was gonna have to buy aftermarket bumpers and cladding and get that painted.

Logan, check out Todd Z's library. His was a textured grey bumper, and he got a really nice smoothed out black finish using bodyshop equipment. Mine was done by a body shop (Island Blue), and it looks great and has held up nice, but you can see the texture up close. It just depends on who does it, and how much you're willing to spend.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts