need to recalibrate my Xcal2?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael b

Reaction score
Just wondering. Since I've changed my gears do I need to do something with my Xcal? What would it affect? The Trac is performing better now then it ever has & I'm afraid to mess it up.

Would it finally fix my speedo? Can I just change the values myself with my XTreme software?

Tonka , I thought you Calculated the Final drive ratio and it is now the same as your stock gears with stock tires???? Or was that wrong???

Todd Z

Todd, It was calculated with the 4.10s & 37s. My speedo has been the same with or without the Xcal2 (way way off) Thats the problem we ran into. The tuner helped on shifts etc. but didnt do anything for my speedometer. They thought maybe it was because of the extreme size difference of the tires. Maybe it has something to do with the whole "final ratio" thing?

Wonder if it would be correct to change it to 5.13 with the 37s or to 4.16 (final ratio) with 37s--hmmmm

Tonka, IS your st a job 1??? I believe the job 1's cant be adjusted by the computer..

I would install a speed calibration box, that is the easiest and cheapest way to go...

I would also do the math, you may be right back to stock final drive now with the 37 and the 5;13.....

Todd Z

Latest posts