Need to replace head unit,'01 Escape

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EddieS'04

In Memoriam 1950-2022
Reaction score
The cd player in mt wifes '01 Escape wont play. She has the combo Factory cd & cassete player, 300watt system. She needs the same thing, she uses both. Dont want aftermarket.

What are my options other than used, that maynot last long. Does Ford or any vendors out there have an exchange for rebuit or new units. It looks to be the same din size as the Trac. Dont know about the wiring though. when we bought the Escape it had the 6 disc unit. My wife got them to exchange it for the combo unit. I hope it is still plug and play.

Also is the head unit covered under the premium extended warranty. The book isnot clear on that. The dealer wont give me a clear answer. They say bring it in and we will see. Dont want to drop it off just to be told no..

Thanks, Eddie

My Premium ESP plan covered my Pioneer 6 disc radio. Try a different dealer if they give you the run around, or just ask to speak with someone that has a brain.

Latest posts