Need your help - DPFE sensor

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P Kru

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I need a new DPFE sensor for my 2001 ST. Are they difficult to install / replace? I have very limited mechanical skill, so I need to know if I should take it in or do on my own.

Where is the best place to get the part? What is the Autozone / Napa / Pep Boys part number? Do you have instructions for installation?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul. I see your a new member. Welcome to the site. This subject has been discussed many times. Do a search and I think you will find everything you need to know.

It's a simple. Order the DPFE from Ford and then you you're self can replace it. It's simple enough to do in about 5-10 min. All you need to do is remove the old one from the hoses it's attached to. Pull them off and replace with the new one. Do a search, there there is lots of info on this site on the DPFE.

Can I get the part from Autozone or Pep Boys. Ford wanted about $70 for the part. Just wondering if I can get the part somewhere else for less $$$. I searched this site quite awhile, but did not see the Autozone / NAPA / Pep Boys part numbers.

Anyone know?