Neutral Tow Kit

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This kit ??

1L2Z-7H332-AB

Found it here

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=980690&SUB=980910&sitename=mysporttrac

Todd Z

Yep that is it. Just wondering what is involved in the install. Most sites I have found says it is a dealer install. A ford parts website says it should take around 30 minutes to install.

Paul it is a wiring kit , it moves the transfer case motor to a neutral position, it should not be more then wiring....

Todd Z

We're having ours set up for towing on Monday next week at Camping World. We are using the Roadmaster Inc. systems carried by Camping World. Having a hydraulic brading system installed as well so that when the brakes on the RV are applied the brakes on the ST will be applied as well. Also, adding a shield to protect the front end too. Will post pics after it is done. :)

Paul yoy must have a 4X4 ST. The kit is easy to install but you then have to have the dealer

activate your computer for wheels down towing.

Thanks for all the information. I am going to rent a Class A RV in a month or so to see if we want to purchase one. I will probably get the kit for my Trac just so we can take it with us. Roger, would you care to say what it costs to have all that done to your truck? There is no Camping World close to me, but I feel a roadtrip coming on. Now to see if I can find a Camping World, Bass Pro and a Krispy Kream close togeather.

Rodger has an manual tranny. If they install a towing kit to tow that, he is getting screwed.

Sounds like you, Paul, would be better off borrowing a FWD car and towing it on a rented tow dolly. No need to install the tow kid and everything else just to try it else. To tow a vehicle 4 down will cost about 3 to 4 grand. By the time you get the tow bar installed, lights wired up, a brake buddy, and front end guard, you will not have any money left over to rent the motorhome, let alone the cost of mileage on top of the rental.

I would rent or borrow a FWD car and a tow dolly and tow it that way during your "trial period".

Tom

Cayman, I said nothing about a towing kit for the ST. What is being installed is the Tow Bar, Front End Shield, and a hydraulic brake system for the ST so that when I apply the motorhome brakes the brakes in the ST are also applied. The compressor for the braking system gets put in the motorhome.

Latest posts