New 07 ST owner saying "hi"

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris h 2

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just last month we bought a new 07 ST XLT v6 4x4, and i've been lurking since. Like the site, esp the projects section; i already want to add the remote lock solenoid to the liftgate :) I'm actually writing to report a couple of the bugs we've had and the fixes so far.. Here they are

--TPMS: "tire sensor fault" alert on info center, sensor needed to be calibrated by dealer(i have the sneaking suspiscion that i am going to loathe tpms)

--4wd stuck engaged, this just happened over the weekend. The thing for some unknown reason decided to lock in the 4wd system, and it would stay locked until the car came to a stop. Sometimes it would re engage sometimes not. VERY noticeable at high speeds and at the gas pump. TSB from ford said to flash the control computer. Dealer took care of it. I am hoping that my up till now poor mileage will go up, as i also had the oil changed(3200 miles already!) I suspect that the 4wd system was active as much as 60% of the time without us knowing it(it's so damn smooth at low speeds you can't tell it's on; only at highway speeds did we pick up on it)

Well, that's it for now!

:)

--chris

Congrats on the purchase. The new STs are really nice. I still have a first gen though. Glad to have you aboard, welcome.

Tommy