New 2007's

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RICK SAULNIER

Reaction score
Has anyone seens these? I stopped at a dealer to check them out...they had approx. 12 on the lot and I wasnt thrilled, actually I never even went to talk to a salesman. Heres some obvious things I didnt like right off the bat...

1.Gas tank on passenger side, why would they think thats a good idea? Not that its that big a deal but why change it. My passengers never pump my gas.

2. No rear window that opens, all solid glass. I dont believe its even an option on the 07.

3. The bed, has compartments built into the bottom. Dumb idea...yes nice to have compartments BUT...throw in sand, or dirt, or leaves, you will now need to vacuum the crevices around the compartments. All of them had leaves in them as I live in the northeast.

4. Front tow hooks...gone

5. Grills are chrome only. Look okay, personally I'd rather all black.

6. Step had plastic that covers it. And they were all kinda loose that dirt etc would get in between the plastic and metal.

7. 6 cd player...mine has one, even the loaded ones on the lot only had the single.

8. Shifter on console...looks nice but now your console only has 2 cup holders and thats it. Although the armrest console looked wider.

I was looking at trading in my 04 but am bummed with the new style. Again, looks nice, but for normal use, wasnt that keen on it.

Anyone else looked into the 07's?

Dewd, are your serious ???? ;)

They are making the 07 ST now ???

When did that happen ???

Isn't this still 06 ???

Todd Z

WOW, Can you get some pics? I'll bet they even offer a V8. Wouldn't that be cool? That's what I hate about living in the sticks, you big city boys get to see everything first.

Heres the address... Herb Chambers Ford. Braintree MA.

The stickers say 2007.

http://www.herbchambersford.biz/pages/present/flm/notlocalized/searchinventory/dosearch.asp?year=2007&make=Ford&vehicletype=SUV&model=Explorer+Sport+Trac&bodystyle=&stockid=&count=20

Rick where you been..If you would do a search you would find that all these things have een discussed over and over all year. The sliding back window is an option. also the 6 disc changer. Sorry that you just woke up...:lol:

Hey Gene,

I didnt take any pics. Actually most dealers around here only have a few or one on the lot. But Herb Chambers was the closest dealer that had a bunch. Which is about 20 miles away and near a mall...I wont be going anywhere near there for awhile.

Watertown Ford has 3.

Muzi Ford has 1

Acton Ford has 1

Hey Eddie,

Sorry to waste your time. I did search but just the last 30 days. I'm not on the site often.

Just decided to go look at new ST's last week.

Still surprised that out of all the loaded xlt and limited not one had the window upgrade.

Rick you didnt waste my time. I was just having a little fun. The others were being jokers also. Peace and Merry Christmas..:D

Rick , actually people have had the 07 ST's since March/April timeframe...... I think they're selling fairly well, I took delivery of mine about 3 months ago and I have the sliding back window and a host of other options to include chrome. Cruise the site a little, you'll find a ton of pics.

the 3 dealers in my area still have the same ones.. all job 1 with out the power back window. i haven't seen a 2 wheel drive either. i don't think they are selling that well. the one dealer has sold 2 since june. probally because of the big rebates on the 06 F150s. there are still alot of them on the lots too...

troy

Yeah, I buy on impulse, expected to pull into the local Ford dealer and drive away with a new one as I did in 01 and 04.

Guess you can only "order" loaded ones around here nowadays.

Think I may switch to the 150.

oh and rick guess what!!! i heard they are comming with independant rear suspension
9af212ebc933d50c5eb58b2c579ddcbe.gif

i got my 07 in July of 2006 and i love it. personally my passanger never pumps my gas either but to me it is not a big deal and if thats part of your buying factor then you may be arsed out. i have the power rear window factory calss 3 hitch along with the tonneu cover and the step bars.... i haul my 4 wheeler in the back everywhere and to me the compartments are great for my tie downs. yeah yeah i know it takes 14 extra seconds at the car wash to pressure wash the crevices around the compartments but hey to me its deffinately worth it.

Rick, if I were you I'd stay away from the Honda dealers too. They have this thing called a Ridgerunner and the spare tire is inside one of those compartments. Just imagine trying to get it out with a load of cow manure in the bed! :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my 07 ext 2 weeks ago and I dont mind fueling on the passenger side, never been part of the buying decision for any car I've owned. But come to think of it, it is nice to be able to talk to the passengers though.

Mine has a sliding rear window.

as far as vacumeing out the compartments, well so far I havent hauled any sand but if I do, I will just pull the drain plugs and hose it out.

chicks dig the chrome grill. I have been checked out by several girls since I got this truck, it is the first car chicks ever checked me out in lol.

dont know what the problem with 2 cup holders for 2 front passengers is? there are 2 for the back as well. No drinks are allowed in my ST though.

I removed the original stereo 2 days after I drove off the dealer lot. no comment there.

The most important option is the V8 with 6 speed automatic. But I guess you are happy with your V6.

ok, sorry I did not mean to flame, now I feel guilty. I think I will go out and deactivate the traction control and unleash my 290 horses.

cheers,:cool: