New 2010 Adrenalin Owner

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, great message board for a newbie like me. I just purchased a 2010 silver Adrenalin.

I am new to the Ford family. Love the truck but have some questions I couldn't find answered here.

Perhaps one of you has the answers.

1) When I turn on my signal either left or right and turn the steering more than one full turn and then turn the steering back it makes a very loud noise when the signal lever resets. It does not make a loud crack or click when I just turn the corner and then the turn signal resets itself. Is this normal ?

2) The rubber covering on the hinge between the two sections of the tonneau cover is splitting. This protects the hinge I believe. Is this a replaceable part ?

3) I think I have a lot of leaves and stems stuck under the wiper trim cover. Former owner parked under trees all the time.

It may be causing some problems when it rains and water tries to drain on the passenger side of the truck as well as heater /AC issues.

Is there a way to undo this cowl cover to clean it out ?

Thank you in advance.

Paul

1) Don't know.

2) That is the seal; it keeps out water and other such. Seems that it is still available (65.00 to US$85.00).

3) Yes. Check this: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295686

Hi Joe, thank you she is a real beauty in silver with the contrasting black accents. I am a Honda guy but fell in love with this truck and love driving it. It has 115k kms or around 70k miles. I paid 23K Canadian for her at the Ford dealer who had an older gentleman trade her in.

Hi Yardsale, thank you for replying. I have an extended bumper to bumper warranty for 3 months. Will try to get Ford to pay for a couple minor things I feel aren't just right.

Thank you both :)

Congratulations! Welcome to the board! Great group here!! Post some pics when you get time. Checked mine this morning on the blinker popping noise, I dont hear that in mine. If you happen to find the gasket for the bed cover i would be curious on the cost and availability, Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked very hard for a silver 2010 STA, settled for a red one. Congrats on your find.

How's about some pictures?

I do not notice any unusual popping as you described in your number 1 question.

:driving:

Latest posts