New 20s

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary DiPietroSr

Reaction score
Well, I went ahead and dropped a bundle last week. Funny how you think you know what you want, then you get in the store and everything changes. I went with the RADD 20s, and FALKEN ZIEX S/TZ 04 tires in 265/50. Thought I was going to just get 17s. Spent the next day taking all the wheels off and disassembling the brakes and painting the rotors heat proof flat black and the calipers hi-temp orange. A lot of work, but worth it. What do you think? Y pipe on the way, and dual exhaust next, then maybe something a little radical with a paint project. Gary D. in CT

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Very nice, I recently ordered my 17's and I hope to have everything here and on in a week or so.

That looks great! Drop that puppy a couple inches in the front and rear and it'll look even better! You will also be amazed at 1&1/4" spacers on the rear will do for the look of the rims. 1&1/2" spacers pushed my 20's a little further out than I wanted to go, so if I were to do it over I would go with 1&1/2" spacers. They make a nice difference in handling as well with the wider stance.

Thanks everyone. Something I noticed about having bigger tires. They seem to throw a lot more crud up onto the sides of the car. I'm going to see how the splash guards look, they are on order from Rusty. As for the drop, I'm not quite sure because I do tow a small backhoe on a 16ft. trailer. I wouldn't want to hinder where I can go with it. Jerry, your rims were my first choice before I got to the tire shop. Like your outdoor shots in your library. Gary D. in CT

I just put TSW 20's with 1.25" adapter/spacers on the rear. 1.25" should be the max with 20mm offset wheels, they come right to the fender edge like the fronts with them. I also have the EE drop kit on it. I'll try to get some pics soon and post them.

Definetly looks good. I just put my new 20s on last Friday. Those look hot though, similar looking to mine.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Tim, I like your wheels too. Almost got a set like those, but off set was wrong. Love that grille too! By the way, when you change the grille, what's the process? Gary D. in CT

I bought that billet grille off Ebay. The process was very simple, even for somebody like me who's not too mechanically inclined. It uses black zip ties to secure it to the stock grille. All you have to do thread the zip tie through the honeycombs and then tighten. You could take off the entire front fascia which would make the job alot easier, but I could squeeze my hand behind while I had someone else pull the stock grille away from the truck.

I think it looks pretty good, but I plan to get a true billet grille at one point or another. I think the Trenz one looks the best, but it is a bit pricey. This is an inexpensive solution and doesn't look half bad in the process.

Latest posts