New addition to the family

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreman

Reaction score
Well, we have a new addition to the family. My son just turned 16, and needs a car. Another family member had a 2001 Mustang he was looking to part with, so we came to an agreement. So now my son is the proud owner of a bright green 2001 Mustang, v6 manual. It has power seats so I can fit, too!

I know some of you frequent Mustang forums. Any recommendations for someone just looking to maintain it with perhaps some mild upgrades?

I would upload pictures, but something isn't working right.

Had to do a deep clean. Previous owner had a cat, and my son and I are both allergic. Seats out, carpet out, scrub the carpet, foam clean the carpet, foam clean the seats, and put it all back. Now it smells better, and we don't get congested in it anymore. And we found about $5 in change! Since some of it was under the carpet, we probably also eliminated some rattles!:banana:

cbae60843fb7275eb510a55b99a41ead.jpg

Let's try this again...

looks good! i had a 03 3.8 5 speed at one time performance mods i did was intake tune, LT headers true duals, cam, off road h pipe, and a eaton m90 off of an old super coupe. no clearance issues that way now you can put the m112 from the cobra on there. car made right at 375 to the wheels. as far as looks spoiler delete 03 cobra front end and hood mach 1 spoiler and shaved cobra rear bumper. nothing worse than claiming to be a cobra when its not. 18 in staggered wheels and lowered 2 inches. actually miss that car and being a little ol v6 it hurt a lot of feelings lol. obviously not mild but u could do the performance stuff minus the blower and be around 280ish i would say to the ground and its pretty cheap to get there.

I'm going to leave it alone for awhile until I feel my son can handle extra power. We all remember some of the stupid things we did when we got some serious horsepower. I rolled an 82 GT at 130 in my early 20s. Slowed me down quite a bit for, maybe, three months? Never rolled another car, though. Might get a roll bar for it, now that I think about it.

Latest posts