new exhaust clips!!!!!!!!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds nice, it says on the second clip you have a CAT delete. Did you just remove the cats on the ypipe or the two on the shaft? How did you do it / replace it with?

wow, thats amazing how much difference there is between yours and mine. I have a cat back with flowmaster 40 and the K&N also. But I still have all my cats, and I don't have the xcal or dual outs. What do you think made the biggest difference? I wanna make some changes to mine

Last edited by a moderator:
Duals with the cat... But when I'm revving in neutral in these clips it's all the way to 6,000rpm because the xcal raised the rev limiter... Take that last cat off and you will notice an awsome change!

I would do that but im afraid i will throw a code if i do. i wonder if a dual out muffler would really be that different from my single out, they are the same model muffler. i definitely need the xcal though. the rev limiter does make a big difference

clay, there are 4 cats on your truck. there are 2 cats on the "y pipe" and 2 cats on the main exhaust. between the 2 cats on the main pipe there is an O2 censor plugged into the pipe, if you take off the cat AFTER the O2 censor (the VERY LAST FARTHEST BACK CAT) you will NOT throw a code, because there is nothing after this cat for the engine to read, therefore it is pretty much just there for now reason, i promise you wont throw a code by removing the last cat closest to the muffler, but if you still have doubts, ask a performance shop.

Yeah, that make sense, i've never gotten under there to see where the sensor was. I have heard before that I can remove the two y pipe cats and not throw a code. I need to find an xcal though when you did you get yours

I have the RT-ypipe with the 2 stock main converters. The factory main converters are fairly large and the holes in the honey comb are large. The restriction is realy in the y-pipe converters. Small holes in the honey comb. I also have the magna-flow cat back. The magna-flow mufflers are straight thru. I would say for street service. My exhaust flow and back pressure is just right.