New from Wisconsin

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good day everyone. I just joined as I am hopefully picking up a Sport Trac in the next few days. There are a few out there in my range and i hope to have one by this weekend. I was wondering if There are certain things in particular I need to look out for when choosing one to purchase. I know every make and model has their quirks. What in particular for the Sport Trac should I look out for and how is the longevity? Should I be afraid of ones that Have 150,000 miles on it? Any and all input is greatly appreciated. Thanks again for letting me join.

Welcome to herd!
Hoping you find an ExST with lower mileage that hasn't been neglected or eaten up by rust.
Be sure to take care of known\notorious issues, especially the V6~4.0L~SOHC + 5r55 AT + 1354 TC.

Yes, the timing chain. A friend of mine had one he adored, but he didn't replace the TC as suggested in the maintenance guidelines, and it ruined the engine. I bought one a few months back that had the entire engine rebuilt as a result of the same thing. If it hasn't been replaced, factor the price of getting that done when negotiating.

Good day everyone. I just joined as I am hopefully picking up a Sport Trac in the next few days. There are a few out there in my range and i hope to have one by this weekend. I was wondering if There are certain things in particular I need to look out for when choosing one to purchase. I know every make and model has their quirks. What in particular for the Sport Trac should I look out for and how is the longevity? Should I be afraid of ones that Have 150,000 miles on it? Any and all input is greatly appreciated. Thanks again for letting me join.
Hey, I, too, am a Sport Trac-owning grumpy old bald guy up here in British Columbia,
🇨🇦 Canada. LOL I’ve got a 2010 V8 Limited. I absolutely looove this truck.
6CD58DE5-A10B-416F-9B5F-940B31E9E544.jpeg

Hey, I, too, am a Sport Trac-owning grumpy old bald guy up here in British Columbia,
🇨🇦 Canada. LOL I’ve got a 2010 V8 Limited. I absolutely looove this truck.View attachment 1461
Greetings fellow BC'er. Also old and grumpy (but not bald!) moved up to Sun Peaks from Abbotsford a few years ago. Shortly after we moved up here I lucked in to my 1st ST - an '05. Didn't know much about them but it was a deal too good to pass up. My wife rolled it over just before Christmas and it was written off but loved my ST so much I just picked up my 2nd. A sliver '09 XLT. Cheers!

welcome,,,, i have had a few including a 0,7 04 and 02, i like them all but 04 and 05s are my choice.. minor changes but better trans in my experience, love the 07 but did not care for the v8 and it seemed to shift to much. i love having a trac mainly cause every one has a toyota or jeep, i have a jeep also but tracs are harder to find and i rarely see a trac fixed up but when i see one they stick out. good luck and again welcome to the family,

Latest posts