New here

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley Micek

Reaction score
This is a GREAT website even though I do not have a Trac, I simply adore them, and am waiting for a chance to trade in my 99 Grand Am for one perferably a '07.

Quick question how did you guys afford to buy one, I know since i just got out of college with a bachelor's degree I should wait and save some money but want some suggestions!

Ashley from Nebraska:wub:

Ashley,

Welcome !

I took a piece of paper and wrote down every fixed bill I pay every month.

Food, Gas, rent, electric,water, clothes, Insurance, Credit cards, fun money, Etc.

Then I took what I take home and subtracted the differance...

Then I looked at what I could cut back my spending on and figured I could afford it and even put a little away....

Ohhh then I woke up, got a real job, and just went out and bought one !!!!

Could not resist.. sorry....

Todd Z

Welcome Ashley.

I know what you mean...I really can't afford an '07 either. But i'm very happy with my '02

Chet

Welcome and good luck getting your ST. No different than buying any other car, sign on the dotted line. It helps to have a down payment:D.

I got a great deal on my brand new 2004.

MSRP......................$31,500

Negotiated Price:......$29,000

Less Down Payment:.-$2,000

Less Trade-In:..........-$2,000

Less Rebates:...........-$4,000

-----------

Net Amount Owed:.$21,000

Tax (6%):...................$1260

Amount financed:..~ $22,260

And, I financed for 60 months at 0%.

What can I say. During the summer of 2004 Ford was "throwing away" money.

The same could happen later this summer.

TJR

I know you'll get varied opinions, Ashley, but if I was buying an '07 Trac, I'd go for the V8 model. The V6 in the Trac is a bit too small for the size of vehicle. It was underpowered in my '01, so I know the heavier '07 it would be worse.

The gas mileage would be no worse than a V6, either.

I got my 2004 Sport Trac for $19,000. My older brother can bargain with dealers. He got them to bring it down to that price from $28,000. I call that one hell of a deal.

Well if you are nice looking, and single I could marry you and give you my A-plan....;)

Kidding - welcome.... My only suggestion by a $100.00 beater Ford, register it, then use the registration on your new 07 - loyalty incentive - $1000.00 off. Cha-ching free $900.00 bucks...

Oh yeah... then trade in the beater to the dealer for like $500.00

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome. I too would like one in Green. Something like this maybe.:cool: Oh, and Go Buffs! :lol:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just make sure that you work the dealer over on the price. I bought my 05 Adrenalin

MSRP......................$31,795

Negotiated Price:......$25,000

Less Down Payment:.-$2,600

Less Trade-In:..........-$3,400

Less Rebates:...........-$2,000

-----------

Net Amount Owed:.$17,000

Tax (6%):...................$1132

Amount financed:..~ $18,132

Just do a lot of reserch on what you want.

My payments are only 360 a month, very nice.

Duece

YES that is the TRAC I want!

I looked at Kelly Blue book my car is worth 3,500. I will try and save for around 3,000 or so then purchase it! I'm excited!

Latest posts