New Hub And Bearing

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny O

Reaction score
Had to get a new hub and bearing assembly yesterday after it started making a racket over the weekend. $226 + install + state inspection + emissons = $402 = ouch.

Good thing it's a busy week at work (busy = money).

The old one was pretty much frozen. Only 42k. Had one go bad on my wife's car last year and one the year before. I guess they don't make wheel bearings like they used to.

I don't recall ever having to replace any before that.

Did the roads change by you ??? pot holes, Quality of asphalt ???

Just a thought.....

Worst part is the part can be found for about $80.00 and the 1 hour labor is nothing....

Todd Z

The roads here always have potholes. :lol:

Sort of reminds me when I had a ball joint go bad on my Ranger. Fixed on warranty, that's how soon it happened. Don't both sides of the vehicle get the same number of miles? :huh::lol:

Where can you find that part for $80? My ST is 4x2 and has the separate bearings, but my GMC has that same style one-piece hub and bearing like the 4x4 STs do. The bearing for the GMC is more like $185, or as much as $290. I haven't had to change it yet, but may have to before it's time to get another vehicle.

42k is way too low. I have 125k on the 4x2 bearings, and 265k on the GMC bearings. Did you leave it sitting in a deep water puddle for a few days?