New Hub spindle bearings

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marlon giese

Reaction score
well my ST was sounding louder by the week and I thought it was Michelin LTX wearing thin making the noise. did a rotation and still the exact same noise. I drive 100M to work Monday and 100M home Friday. Started to feel the road leading the ST around a bit on Monday and the nose seemed to be getting louder.

Decided as the noise was there at 2-3MPH and up and it seemd a bit louder at slow left turns it was the RH spindle bearing. Sure enough, took it apart and that thing was shot and growled like a big bear when I got it off the ST! first side swap was about 90 mins and figuring out how was most of that. The second side was not so bad with 35 mins - did not switch the ABS cable, and reinstalled the original. No ABS and no growling noise! 165K is all the originals went. Pretty good I'd say. Swap both sides cost me 70 bucks for the pair. SMOKIN deal! and a bit over 2 hours.

Anyone use the Toyo Open country for highway driving? 23k per year and looking for better than michelin LTX as I got about 55k and cant go much longer.

Latest posts