New Ignition switch Install. 07 Sport Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcirtap

Reaction score
Well after a few months of living with the problem. Finally got around to buying a switch and installing. Motivation was fact that local ford's were asking 90$ for part, scored new one on ebay for 19.99$ plus 9$ shipping. Was a steal, no one else bid. Part # 98AZ-11572-A or SW-6343.

The Problem i was having, was that every time i hit a large bump or pothole (and god knows we have our share of those here in Quebec) the interior lights would come on. I would have to wiggle my key to get lights to go off. Even just hitting the steering column would trigger it. All good now.

Here are a few pic. This was a really simple job.

First off. Disconnect the battery for about 15mins to discharge the SRS system

Switch and instructions

[Broken External Image]:

remove these 2 screws

[Broken External Image]:

Remove these 3 screws

[Broken External Image]:

Here is the faulty switch

[Broken External Image]:

Remove connecter on side. Then push in the two tabs one on top other bottem of switch and pull out to remove.

[Broken External Image]:

Removed

[Broken External Image]:

Part number already posted above

[Broken External Image]:

New switch installed and pluged back in

[Broken External Image]:

reinstall cover in reverse order of removal and :banana::driving:

Hope this helps someone :)

Last edited by a moderator:
....I dealt with the dome light for months before I pin-pointed the problem and had to do this same exact repair.... Nice write-up

thanks. yeah hopefully this helps someone. Such an odd problem, but such an easy fix once u know what is causing it.

Well after a few months of living with the problem. Finally got around to buying a switch and installing. Motivation was fact that local ford's were asking 90$ for part, scored new one on ebay for 19.99$ plus 9$ shipping. Was a steal, no one else bid. Part # 98AZ-11572-A or SW-6343.

The Problem i was having, was that every time i hit a large bump or pothole (and god knows we have our share of those here in Quebec) the interior lights would come on. I would have to wiggle my key to get lights to go off. Even just hitting the steering column would trigger it. All good now.

Here are a few pic. This was a really simple job.

First off. Disconnect the battery for about 15mins to discharge the SRS system

Switch and instructions

[Broken External Image]:

remove these 2 screws

[Broken External Image]:

Remove these 3 screws

[Broken External Image]:

Here is the faulty switch

[Broken External Image]:

Remove connecter on side. Then push in the two tabs one on top other bottem of switch and pull out to remove.

[Broken External Image]:

Removed

[Broken External Image]:

Part number already posted above

[Broken External Image]:

New switch installed and pluged back in

[Broken External Image]:

reinstall cover in reverse order of removal and :banana::driving:

Hope this helps someone :)
Can you repost the pictures of the repair. Having yhe same issue with my 07

Can you repost the pictures of the repair? Having the same isasues. Is it the switch or the lockset that needs changing?

Thanks, Cappy

Latest posts