new member with age old question :)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony S 2

Reaction score
Hello fellow peps :)

Ive been lurking for a few weeks - sorta familarizing muh self with this place.. and of course love all the pics of everyones ST's.. so very cool.

and the reason I found this site is cause.. well I ordered one! WOOTNESS I tell ya..

but it seems that Im not having much luck with getting info from my dealer on how quickly my trac will be built.

Ive read on here that it should take 6-8 weeks.. all things considered. and the dealer confirmed that to be true ( not per this site.. but per them )

well, I placed muh order on feb 29th... its now been over 1 month and the dealer still has NO information for me. now.. in regards to what ive read on here I should at least have a VIN # by now right?? I mean.. everything I read on the intranet is true right.. RIGHT?? ;)

but seriously folks.. my impatience is eating away at my innerself.. and whats worse is now Im seeing MY truck all over my neighborhood.. ( while its a hot looking truck. Im steaming that I aint the one driving it! )

so.. I guess my question is.. what in sam hell is taking them so long?? shouldnt the dealer have some info by now? I figured Id be driving it by the end of April, but it looks to me like that might not be the case..

...and IM STARTING TO FREAK OUT MAN!!! kinda.. not really.. but kinda..

Im debating on driving to Kentucky to see if there is anything I can do to help move the process along. maybe put on a right side tire or something..

so thanks for the read, thanks for havin me, and thanks for having a cool website dedicated to people with taste in trucks. :)

You're right, you should have gotten some kind of update by now..Patience grasshoppa..lol (what color did ya get, which package?)

I really don't know an answer to your question, sorry. Just wanted to say WELCOME to the site ..:D;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Tony!

I don't know the answer either as I've not been in your position, but may be soon.

I guess you could start with heavy drinking to pass the time. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL Jerry..

Cool color Tsmo.. You and Dingo will get along just fine.... lol.. He has the same color on a Limited.. He LOVES thaaa blue.....:lol:

*Flip thru his library if ya need somethin to gawk over while u wait..;)

Vehicles usually take 8 to 10 weeks to be built and delievered to the dealership. Right now is truck season in Canada and we are getting all of our F-150's in before certain vehicles which were ordered months before. Just keep your mind busy until it comes in. Nonetheless the dealership should have some information for you concerning the vehicle's VIN number. But they could just file the information away until the vehicle comes in and it is too much of a hassel to go looking for the paper work.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Patrick Pierobon

Call your dealer. The dealer gets the following information.

You place your order, the dealer gets a confirmation that the order was placed. Ask them for that paper.

Then the dealer will get a notice for any last chance changes you may want to make. Ask them for that.

They will then send the dealer a paper that has the build date on it. Once the dealer gets that notice, the vehicle is on its way. That is when the order goes down the line and the vehicle is assembled. It takes 2 to 3 weeks from that date for the ehicle to arrive to the dealer. (Loading rail car, unloading car, loading onto truck, delivery, etc.)

A visit to your dealer should solve your problems. To me, it sounds like the salesman is lazy.

Tom

:cool: Welcome to the site & ST'aholics (not so annonamous). Give us a description of what ST, plus options, you ordered. I have to llightly disagree with Tom (Cayman) that salesman are not necessarily lazy, but move on to the next sale and are not in the business of customer service. :D Oh, and do go to Louisville for the National ST Meet in June because you will get to talk to Ford Corporate people there.

"Blue (Da Ba De)"

Yo listen up here's a story

About a little guy that lives in a blue world

And all day and all night and everything he sees

Is just blue like him inside and outside

Blue his house with a blue little window

And a blue corvette

And everything is blue for him and hisself

And everybody around

Cos he ain't got nobody to listen to

I'm blue da ba dee da ba die...

I have a blue house with a blue window.

Blue is the colour of all that I wear.

Blue are the streets and all the trees are too.

I have a girlfriend and she is so blue.

Blue are the people here that walk around,

Blue like my corvette, it's standing outside.

Blue are the words I say and what I think.

Blue are the feelings that live inside me.

I have a blue house with a blue window.

Blue is the colour of all that I wear.

Blue are the streets and all the trees are too.

I have a girlfriend and she is so blue.

Blue are the people here that walk around,

Blue like my corvette, it's standing outside.

Blue are the words I say and what I think.

Blue are the feelings that live inside me.

Inside and outside blue his house

With the blue little window and a blue corvette

And everything is blue for him and hisself

And everybody around cause he aint got

Nobody to listen to

I'm blue (if I was green I would die)

Welcome to the site !!!!

Todd Z

Maybe I am demanding too much from a salesman. Anytime Myself, or my family has ordered a vehicle, we have always had the same service. We have never had the salesmand forget about us before the sales was complete.

The sale is not complete yet. He has not taken delivery of the vehicle.

Tom

Hey Tsmo, I too am a new member. My tale of woa goes like this. I ordered my '08 2wd Limited in Dark Cherry with Dark Charcoal 2-tone int. back on November 12, '07. It arrived on March 11, '08!! 4 months...ouch. Part of my agony was due to the two week Christmas vacation that Lousville took. Having said that, I will say that it was worth the wait. This is my favorite ride to date. Have a look at my Library and see what you think. Keep after your sales guy, he understands. Congrats on the purchase, welcome to one of the world's coolest sites and hang in there, dude. Enjoy, DD

holy smokes thats like the warmest welcome evar. ( im used the gtfo stfu noob type forums )

Im hoping my salesman isnt too lazy.. he certainly seems to remember me when I call every Friday and ask WTF man? *sigh*

I guess it gets a lil discouraging when I see others driving there St's smiling real big without a care in the world.

thats another question I have.. whats the minimum distance recommened between houses that have owners of St's? It turns out theres a guy one street over who seemingly OWNS MY TRUCK!! gah!! buwhahaha It'll be fun to see his shock at some point when he drives by and sees his truck in my driveway...

The ST I ordered was the '08 XLT 2wd V6 and about the only real option I added was the moonroof.

Ive never owned a *brand* new vehicle before.. The wife is on her 2nd one.. so I feel Im due.

I currently drive a '98 2wd ranger, and while Im not mechanically inclined.. ( i know where the gas pedal is :) ) I feel I might just learn a thing or two or three from this place.

This Friday will be week 5.. Ill call again then.. I reeeeallly hope to have this by the end of April.. I guess its just more time to save up the cash for a larger down payment..

Latest posts