Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Gilbert

Supporting Member
1st Gen Owner
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
I just joined today and looking forward to learning and sharing. I’m enjoying my 2002 Trac. I’m the second owner, working on it to make it special. I live in Georgia and am semi retired from ministry. I still do interim pastor for churches between pastors. Thanks for allowing me to be part of the forum. Unfortunately I also have Parkinson’s but at the moment can still drive and function pretty well. My moto is, ”I will til I can’t“
938B723B-E769-4F64-AC18-115344941EBA.jpeg

Welcome to the Herd; lots of friendly knowledgable folk in these forums!
Good looking SportTrac.

Welcome! I have a 2002 also, but I have always loved the color that yours has. I got 316k mileage on mine. I've learned if you take care of it, it'll take care of you!

Thank you mine has 192,000 and runs well. I built it a leanto to keep it looking good.

WELCOME !! Alot of good folks here willing to help you if needed.

Welcome. Looks like a very well taken care of trac...

Nice truck! And welcome to the group!

Welcome, Ron. I too, have a red 2002 Trac. My favorite color. I'm the original owner, and will probably drive it until they take the keys away from me. 😉
Here it is in 2015 towing our motor home from Texas to Oregon. J/K. 😆
20151005_190749.jpg

hmmm i bet the brakes had a good workout going down cabbage hill.

Welcome, Ron. I too, have a red 2002 Trac. My favorite color. I'm the original owner, and will probably drive it until they take the keys away from me. 😉
Here it is in 2015 towing our motor home from Texas to Oregon. J/K. 😆View attachment 4139
Yours looks great. We full timed RV’d until I came down with Parkinson’s and decided it might be safer for everyone else if I stopped driving a 40’ DP. :) Do you tow your ST? I sure miss the RV life.

Yours looks great. We full timed RV’d until I came down with Parkinson’s and decided it might be safer for everyone else if I stopped driving a 40’ DP. :) Do you tow your ST? I sure miss the RV life.
No, I've never towed it. On that trip, we were moving our household from Texas to Oregon. I was the lead vehicle, providing navigation. We lived in the motor home until we bought our "new" house; then sold it.
I wish you luck with your health. My father suffered with Parkinson's, so I'm familiar with its challenges. You have a beautiful truck, by the way. Take care.

@EricP
Like that HoodScoop on your ST;
is that a custom piece or something any joe can buy & install?

@EricP
Like that HoodScoop on your ST;
is that a custom piece or something any joe can buy & install?
Thanks. I modified a 35th anniversary Mustang GT scoop to fit the ST hood. Took a little cutting, and some Bondo to fill the gaps. Turned out to be a lot of work, but I'm happy with the results. The contours match the hood perfectly. There used to be a project in the Archives, but I don't know if it's still there.

Your truck looks great pulling that Casita? Any troubles? I have been thinking of purchasing a Casita at some point.
We love our Casita. This will be our second camping season with it. We've got several boondocking trips planned this year. We've only camped with hookups up to now, so that'll be interesting. No troubles so far. It's heavy enough to require a WD hitch, but doesn't exceed the Trac's weight limits.

Last edited:
I just joined today and looking forward to learning and sharing. I’m enjoying my 2002 Trac. I’m the second owner, working on it to make it special. I live in Georgia and am semi retired from ministry. I still do interim pastor for churches between pastors. Thanks for allowing me to be part of the forum. Unfortunately I also have Parkinson’s but at the moment can still drive and function pretty well. My moto is, ”I will til I can’t“View attachment 4123
I love your motto Ron, great attitude- welcome.

Latest posts