New Muffler Suggestions

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Caldwell

Reaction score
Sadly after just under a year of having my flowmaster delta flow 40 muffler on my truck i need to find something quieter. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or experience with a 60 series muffler. i still want it to be louder than stock and have a v6 grumble but not be over bearing to the point you can hear me a 1/4 mile away like you can now.

Thanks

Mike :(

I put on a single in dual out, super 44 flowmaster muffler with 2.5 inch chrome out tailpipes. It doesn't sound very loud but very good. Really good low end gumble. It sounds even better when I runt premium or even ethanol in the tank.

Magnaflow. Don't have a particular model in mind. Single 2.5" in and single 2.5" out. Quiet and mellow in and around town until you nail the gas pedal. Then it makes some noise.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to be swapping the Magnaflow on my truck for a larger version in the next week or so, I could sell it to you pretty cheap if you're interested. It's a 2.5" single in, single out, has about 15K miles of use on it.

I started with just the magnaflow cat back and slowly it progressed to the point where I have a flowmaster df 40 attached to the magnaflow pipe and i also have a random tech y pipe and high flow cat. So i do appreciate the offer Dan but I have that same muffler kickin' around the house. I prefer the flowmaster sound to the magnaflow. The problem I have is they just implemented a noise by-law in my municipality and my setup is starting to attract to much unwanted attention. Thanks for everyone's input looks like i have some research to do.

thanks,

Mike

HST,

I haven't seen you around for like over a month and you come back and write two words!!??

Where you been man?

Last edited by a moderator: