NEW product announcement !!! BORED gen 1 Plastic throttle bodies !!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Well After testing ours for almost 3 months we are proud to announce that we now have bored gen 1 plastic throttle bodies for the Gen 1 Sport Trac !!!!

These come bored 1.5 MM larger, have the shaft and screw mod, and have a .25 MM thinner throttle plate.

This all increases air flow and only makes the TB .25MM larger then the intake opening....

Which can be easily massaged....;)

The pricing will be $200 shipped with a $60.00 core charge.....

We are also going to offer an incentive to previous Zabteck TB owners. IF you send us your old shaft and screw modded TB we will refund you an additional $40.00 back for the old Zabteck TB....

We currently have only 10 in stock and will rotate the stock as we did before....

Thank you again !!!

Here are some pics of the product !!!

The bottom pic shows a stock tb on the Left and the bored one on the right....

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Have you done a bench flow? If so, how much cfm over the first moded TB?

As far as the intake plenum. Would just smoothing the leading edge be enough? Or would we need to take .25mm from the whole throat?

Thanks

Todd:

What is the flow of a stock throttle body?

What is the flow this throttle body?

Fast Eddie'04:

Would just smoothing the leading edge be enough? Or would we need to take .25mm from the whole throat?

.25mm = .00984" = 1/100"

All stock throttle bodies flowed an average of 582cfm at WOT..... I did not test the part throttle which is where you see the majority of the gain....

The shaft and screw mod TB flowed 26 ( 608 CFM) more, These I have not flowed yet but the calculated flow was well over 650+ CFM. Thats more then the normally aspirated 4.0 will ever need and on a s/c vehicle it will greatly help the air flow !!!!

As far as the intake, I simply stuffed a rag in the intake and then took a dremmel tool to it and massaged out the lip and the seam joint on the inside.....

As far as the intake coating, I did not mind removing it since I clean it regulary....

Todd Z

Any time.....

Todd Z

Any deals if someone bought this new TB... shipped you their old Zabeteck TB... and also ordered a Zabetech MAF & Breather Bypass???

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Vince,

Email me..... You know I am always am willing to work with the members here...

Todd Z