New Sport Trac: Adrenalin or Limited?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gavin Allan

Reaction score
If you were going to purchase a well-loaded new (2010) Sport Trac, would you get an Adrenaline or would you get a Limited? Why or why not?

Any advantaged of the AWD in the Adrenalin over the 4WD in the Limited?

If they weren't crazy expensive, it would be the Adrelalin for me. They are so sweet looking. But, $40+ for a truck............ nuts.

I will keep my '01, looks better then the Limiteds. :)

My 2 cents.

Gavin, this is a tough call. I think I would go with the Limited. Why? Choice of interior colors. A few extra color choices for the exterior. Most of the options are the same between the two. They also share the same chassis, motor and suspension. So save a couple grand and get the Limited. All that considered, its really just a preference choice. BC :driving::driving:

Paaalease! DO you have to ask, REALLY!? Then yes you should get a limited!!!

in my personal opinion....I would have gone with an XLT F150 if they had not done teh ADRENALIN. It's the only NEW Sport-Trac I like! I loved my old 04 though!

I've heard more than my share of people complain about AWD on semi-slippery roads. I guess the damned thing goes into and out of four-wheel constantly. I'd rather be able to manually select when I want all the wheels kicking in.

For about 2grand more...I went with the Adrenalin. The looks of the Adrenalin, the fact that they are produced in lower numbers, you probably wont see another one in the parking lot...did I say the looks of the Adrenalin?? Had an 08 Limited 4x4 and loved it. Got a 2010 Adrenalin AWD and love it more. The AWD works awesome for me on the wet icy roads here in the midwest. The 4wd on my limited I used maybe 1 time each winter for 2 years, and probably didnt really even need it. The black interior was a selling factor for me as well...personally I like the softer, perforated leather and the monotone black over the Limited colors available. I absolutely LOVE the voice activated Nav system, which I didn't want to begin with...but the only one close by had it, so I got it! Again, my preferences...not necessarily everyone elses opinion. If the Adrenalin was not available, I would definately buy another Limited.

Limited in my opinion. don't get me wrong the Adrenalin is great looking, but save the money too purchase those after market toys you will want too get later. Limited my choice

just my opinon

Limited in my opinion. don't get me wrong the Adrenalin is great looking, but save the money too purchase those after market toys you will want too get later. Limited my choice

just my opinon

Adrenalin looks awesome. I Love mine. AWD works great but you can easily lock into 4WD using the menu system when you want all the wheels to be driven so that is not an issue. My AWD does not constantly slip into and out of mode when on slippery roads. It works great all the time for me.

Seriously....? For 2g more you can have an Adrenalin! They also completely obliterate the other models in residual value. They are rare trucks they get looks like Ford GTs for pennies.

First of all, I personally prefer the Limited. The Adrenalin looks a little funky to me in some ways. I only really like the fenders. That being said, they killed the white Adrenalin and added bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue!

Adrenalin, I traded my 03 with 97M (great ST) for an 09 Adrenalin with 12M, all options in January. What a great ride, smooth, power and great looks. Get comments everytime I stop.

I luv my 2010 STA.

I was looking for a new SUV/truck and I always liked the ST...my wife showed me the STA on the Ford vehicle site and I had to have one...and now I do.

The V8 AWD system works great. If I need to I can turn off the traction control.

Yeah, Dingo, You said the magic word for the STA. WHY DID THEY LET THE WHITE SUEDE GO! That was the color that set it apart from the other Reds:banghead: and Silver:fire: and BLUE:yawn: But alas, I am loking for a "Newsed" :banana:2009 or 2008 STA in White Suede right now!

Yeah, Dingo, You said the magic word for the STA. WHY DID THEY LET THE WHITE SUEDE GO!

You obviously don't know Dingo very well. Take a look at his Trac, the color of the Lamin-X on his tail lights, valve cover, battery, etc.

He wasn't lamenting the demise of White Suede, but rather celebrating the addition of Blue Flame.

I have had my 08 STA for almost two years now. It turns heads where ever I go. There are not that many out there. I have only seen one other RED one in Philadelphia area in the two years I have owned mine. Easy choice for me . . . .:soap:

Adrenalin...

Why? It doesn't have that UGLY chrome grill in the front. Of course, if it were me, I would get an F-150.

Tom

I'm thinking of trading this year. My '07 is fine, but at 42k, I'm thinking I might like to get a new one since there really isn't any other vehicle that I like any better. F-150 is out because it won't fit well in my garage. Dodge Dakota = crappy gas hog and too big for the garage. Canyon/Colorado = fugly and junky. Avalance=expensive gas hog and garage too small. I'd be more interested in the Ridgeline if it got better gas mileage and looked a little better inside and out, and if it had a V8 or diesel option. Right now, if I had to get something other than the SportTrac, I'd probably get the Ridgeline.

I kind of like the Adrenalin, and after having my '03 Adrenalin, I appreciate having a rather rare truck. However, I also think the current Adrenalin is a bit too much "boy racer" for me, especially since it has no real performance advantages over the Limited. My '03 Adrenalin was nice, but it was nice in an understated way. The current Adrenalin just seems a bit juvenile for me.

I like the front fenders, and I LOVE the interior, but the rest of it (running boards, 20" wheels, etc.) don't really raise my skirt much.

Oh well, I got a few months to decide what to do. The SportTrac took a year to grow on me- I thought it was pretty fugly when it first came out. However, after seeing a few of them around and test driving one, I was hooked.

The V8 is a must, unless a diesel came out.

Thanks for the thoughts, advice, and opinions.

The 4WD/AWD seems to be a significant difference between Limited and Adrenaline- I'm surprised not to hear more about the differences.

You really can't compare the 03 Adrenalin to the 08+ Adrenalin. For that matter, you can't even compare a gen 1 to a gen 2 regular ST. The Gen2 is significantly better. The gen1 STA really only had a cool stereo and a badge. To me, it looks exactly the same as any other ST out there. The gen2 STA looks completely different.

It's also the only ST with an AWD option. These trucks are extremely rare. Especially where I love in upstate NY. I've seen a white v6 STA and a red v6 2wd in the 2 plus years that I've had mine.

Hell...I don't really see that many STs period. F150s...no matter how nice...are a dime a dozen.

Latest posts