New Sport Trac owner

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul B

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a brand new owner of a 05 sport trac. I have many questions that I will be asking over time, However, I have two right now. My sport trac did not come with the remote keyless entry. If I purchae the transponder will it work already or is there a modification that I can make? Also I need a web site to get various accessories for the sport trac at low prices as I live in Hawaii and will have to pay large shipping costs.

Any help is appreciated.

Welcome to Sport Trac ownership, Paul!

Check out the site sponsors for parts. You can access them from the home page (along the left side).

hey paul, welcome to the family lol.

For me ebay is the cheapest place to get any cheap accessories, vehicle specific or not.

you will have to buy the keyless entry equipment for the transmitter to work. Personally (and i did this), i would just go ahead and get a car alarm. It will work as both keyless entry and give your new car a little extra protection. Insurance companies like that too.

Howdy Paul !!

You gonna find some great info & some great people here !!! Check out the Project section for all kinda thing you can do to your ST !! Check out our Sponsors for great ideas on how to spend your money ...LOL . You gonna like it here !!

Welcome Paul. When you are ready to add some good "mo powa" parts, let me know.

No extra charge for shipping on my tuners and Y-pipes to Hawaii!!!

WELCOME TO THE SPORT TRAC FAMILY!!!So many toys..so little money for the ST![Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Paul,

To see if it would work, just turn the ignition on and off 8 times leaving it on on the 8th. If the locks lock and unlock, then you can program some remote fobs.

Tom

WELCOME !!! great site, great people. i am always curious, how did you find out about this site?[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts