New tire help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Grant

Reaction score
Hello all

I need new tires for my 01 trac badly, but don't have near the budget that most of you guys have. (I am stilling paying on my trac) I need some good tires that are less than 100 dollars each. Is there such a thing. I definately cannot spend 600 plus on a set of tires.

Maybe a BFG Land Terrain at Wal-Mart or what ever else they have there. Decent generic stuff at www.multimiletires.com, look there and see if there is a dealer near you.

Look around on Ebay. I was looking for a set of Yokohama Geolander G051 tires and found a guy 20 miles away that had a set of four in his garage (brand new, from tirerack.com, with the UPS label still taped to them). I think I paid $350 for the tires ($88 per tire, no shipping because they were local) and it cost me around $48 to have them mounted/balanced.

Still not sure why I kept the tires I took off, but it was going to kill me to pay them to dispose of tires that only had 18K miles on them.

I know Q will tell you that they are fugly, but I have had Dayton Timberlines on my Trac for about 25,000 miles and I am very pleased with the performance, tread wear, wet traction, and low road . They are made by Bridgestone and I had them mounted, balanced, lifetime rotation and road hazard warrantied for less than $400. YMMV

Thank goodness I don't have to spend twice as much because I need "Cool lookin" tires to fight my poor self image! :D[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryan, I got 245/75r16 Hercules Terra Trac a/t tires for $104 apiece. I have a pic of the truck with them on in my library. I haven't had to put it into 4x4 much this year since going from the Mich 235's that were on it before.;)