New to the Community

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jep1701

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Hello, just joined the community and wanted to share my truck.
-2010 XLT with 136,000 miles.
-No crazy mods except added a modern radio last year when the buttons on the factory radio stopped.
-Came petty loaded with sunroof, tonneua cover and extender bar. Was the last one on the lot. My wife and I bought her brand new in Feb 2011 with less than 20 miles on it. It has given me some hassles here and there but no regrets buying her. I get people offering to buy it on a regular basis!

Attachments

• IMG_9178.jpg
    IMG_9178.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9179.jpg
    IMG_9179.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 0
Good looking SportTrac.
Welcome to the Herd; lots of friendly knowledgable folk in these forums!
Be sure to renew those V6~4.0L~SOHC OilPressurized TimingTensioners every 100kMiles\12years!

PS: 2010 SportTrac is considered to be 2nd Gen.

Thanks. Just had it replaced about 2 weeks about when the belts started squealing. Made it to 132,000 and 12 years. I have a '73 mustang I am learning to work on and probably could have fixed it myslef after watching a video. I am in a fourm for the mustang and poeple have been a huge help so I am sure to enjoy this forum!

...replaced about 2 weeks about when the belts started squealing...
Assuming you're refering to having SerpBeltTensioner replaced to resolve that squeal?
I was refering to OilPressurizedTimingTensioners (One@LeftFront+Another@RightRear On EngineHeads);
they're NotoriousFailureItems on Ford V6~4.0L~SOHC Engines;
should be renewed every 100kMiles\12years along with Plugs+Wires+OxSensors+...
These TimingTensioners are relatively easy to replace, but if left long enouth
they tend to sludge up with age & allow TimingChains to run loose
& start breaking TimingGuides+ValveCovers+.... then pulling engine is needed to fix.
Click here for more info on OilPressurizedTimingTensioners for the V6~4.0L~SOHC.

Last edited:
Purchased a 2007 Limited with all options except moonroof. Love it so far!!

welcome

Latest posts