New truck!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Long

Reaction score
I picked up a new 2016 F150 this weekend! I was planning to hold out for the new Ranger but decided I didn't want to wait another year or so just to see if I would even like it, not to mention deal with the inevitable first run problems or else wait another year or two to buy.

I made a sweet deal on the truck as it's somewhat of a leftover, and got more than $10K off the sticker plus 0% for 72 months. It's a 5.0 V-8, 2WD XLT with Sport package, which gives me the flow-through center console and floor shift. Has the 8" Sync 3 w/Nav package, 20" wheels, blind spot monitoring, dual power seats, Pro-Trailer assist & brake controller, remote start and AC power inverter, etc... Needless to say, I'm happy!

Now, time to make it mine.... The bug shield and front plate holder are already off and the pin-striping, Sport decals and tailgate badges are all coming off today. Windows being tinted tomorrow and I've got WeatherTech floor liners, a Bedrug and Lomax tri-fold bed cover on the way. Haven't decided on a leveling kit or slight drop just yet, and am leaning towards the Magnaflow side-exit catback, but those probably won't happen right away.

Anyway, since this happened, my 2001 ST w/5.0 swap will be up for grabs. I'll be getting it cleaned up and listing all the details very soon.

9f135d86cf0af9316bf7b6564ccdae79.jpg

Nice truck, also needs better looking wheels..:supercool:

Why get rid of the 5.0 Trac.? I wouldnt mind having it, but I dont think it would pass epa in my texas county. They are tight here.

Thanks Eddie!

While not my 1st choice on the available F150/Expedition wheels, I'm okay with them for now since it at least had the 20's. I think they'll look much better if the truck is slightly lowered, maybe not as much with a lift since they're definitely a "street" style wheel.

As for the Trac, I promised my wife I would at least list it and see what happens. If it doesn't get sold, so be it, it'll become a toy and I'll go a bit crazy with it one way or the other. I'm tempted to remove the doors and build a set of tubular safari doors, strip the interior a bit and install a sliding rag top to make it somewhat Jeep-like.

The Trac is a 2001 with a 2000 motor, all emissions are present and working aside from the secondary cat and the OBD2 works as it should. You might be able to get away with it... :grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice Dan! There's just something about WHITE Ford trucks I really like! :grin:

Man, the thought of Eddie with a 3-OH-2 ST is scary. (Even more so on a Harley) LOL :driving:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts