New wheels (want the 22" Edge Sports)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JC2008SportTrac

Reaction score
Howdy all!

I'm in love with the 22" Ford Edge Sport wheels. I've loved them ever since I saw them on the Edge, and have wanted to put them on my ex-wife's SHO, and wouldn't have hated them on one of my Mustangs! I think they'd be awesome on a Sport Trac. I'm looking at the 22" wheels, but am wondering what size tired would work with that wheel, on a truck.

I don't need it to be a big truck wheel, but I've seen car wheels/tires put on a truck, and they often don't fill in the wheel-well as they should. So, what tire size would ya'll suggest on a '22 Ford Edge Sport wheel (be it a Ford wheel, or one of the many similar that they're making now).

Thanks for your suggestions on tire size!!!

JC

i believe they bolt on BUT the center bore hole is too small for the ST..... so it has to be machined larger or you have to run a 1.5" spacer all the way around....

Really? That particular wheel won't just bolt right up? I really thought that'd be a direct bolt-on, as they came on a similarly sized vehicle. I don't doubt you, but that'll suck if I have to modify the wheels. Spacers aren't a big deal, but I'd be surprised if that's required...

OK, the bolt pattern is the same but the BORE on the hubs is bigger on the ST..... a non hubcentric spacer will work, OR just have the rims machined....

Latest posts