newbie wita tip 4 ya

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Cartmill

Reaction score
I'm so glad I found this sight before buying, you all helped me know what to look for.

I ended up with a 2001 (job 2) 4x4 black / every option known to man.

I bought this because one caught my eye one day and I thought it would be a good additional vehicle for around town. I also own an Excursion and a Honda Aero (motorcycle).

Now every time I head out the door I jump in the ST !

Mods will begin a.s.a.p. (I'll keep you informed). (Damn I use alot of parentheses).

Now for a top secret tip as a thanks for what I learned lurking here.

No shit, this should be kept a *secret. Wait till you see it for yourself and you will know why.

I use this on my bike and it looks showroom new !

After your normal wash and dry use lemon pledge wood furniture spray on a cloth, wipe

excess with a dry cloth and you will see yourself smile in the shine. It has to be Pledge

and it works on chrome also. I know it sounds weird but it works.

Thanks again ! * (I really don't think it's that big a secret)

I've never tried it but it may work.

This info was taken from the Johnson & Johnson site

Leather

Pledge® Wipes* are great for shining and restoring the luster on the exterior of leather furniture, coats, jackets, pants, purses, briefcases and wallets. Stainless Steel

Automobile

Pledge® can be used for a quick cleaning and shining of your car’s exterior. You can also spray a cloth or rag with Pledge® to clean the dirt and grime from the outside wall of your car tires.

Automobile

Try using Pledge® Grab-it™ Dry Cloths to clean the brake dust from your automobile wheels and rims.

Welcome and thanks for the tip

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeez! Now I know what to say when wifey wants me to help clean.

"Honey we're out of furniture polish!":lol:

D-

Welcome !!!!!

I have seen all types of sprays used to try to shine cars, Even seen armorall for tires used...

Todd Z

Have you suggested this on any GM sites? If not, just make sure you tell them to use Lemon Pledge. :lol:

Back in the day, before Armor All was invented, we'd put Pledge on our tires after scrubbing them with Westley's to shine them up a little. I'm old so I know this stuff. I never tried it on the paint.