No good reason for alarm tripping.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReggieT

Reaction score
A couple of days ago, I pulled the truck out of the garage and parked it on the driveway while I was doing some carpentry work in the garage. At some point, several hours later, the horn starts blowing. We all know what a nuisance it can be to hear an auto alarm off in the distance somewhere and no one to turn it off. I ran out to the truck, and put the keys into the switch to stop the alarm. I have no idea why the alarm sounded because there was no one in the area. I think I may pull the fuse and disable it as no one really pays much attention, theft wise, to a sounding auto alarm. And, I would not want that thing to go off while I am shopping or sleeping. Any thoughts?

You dont have the key fob, to disable it? Is this the first time? Some times the fob in my pocket get accidentally pushed.

I am not sure if I had the fob in my pocket or not. But, you may be right about that. I was working at my bench and maybe could have pushed the button in my pocket without knowing. Thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks. At $5.50 plus free shipping, it is certainly cheap enough. I must have had the fob in my pocket because I did find it immediately. So, an accidental butt call seems to be the culprit.

Plus, you can use the fob to turn off the alarm without running out to the car to put the key in.

I've Pocket Alarmed mine at least twice a year from 2004. That first few seconds is still to this day a WTH moment is going on. Then I scramble to get the fob out of my pocket and shut it down and pretend I did that on purpose. Neighbors know better...

Latest posts