no more trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clay Campbell

Reaction score
i have been thinking and i am considering getting rid of my sport trac. if i do it will not be too far gone. it will go to my brother who will sell his sport. but still it wont be mine. i am considering giving it up for a manual car that gets better gas mileage. im looking at a Audi A4(probably fav. option, or an acura rsx. The Audi, will save $779, and rsx, $1173. i feel that the audi is a little less feminine than the rsx. opinions on this move?

Gas prices for sure keep going up....if you really need to save on spending bucks for gas....then yeah, dump the ST and get something that will save you some mula.

I'm considering a bike if it gets much worse. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if you have to, you should go with the rsx.

But it would suck to get rid of it after you did so much to it

Allways remember the cost of another vehicle may take years to pay off the difference in the gas prices...

Good luck with what ever you decide..

Todd Z

10-15 mpg if you get rid of the trac by buying a yaris you will gain 30 mpg :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: keep the trac keep the trac :p:p:p:p:p:p

or get a wife and buy her a yaris and keep the trac

well my ideal situation would be keep the trac. and get a bike. thats what i would love to do. does anyone have an idea of what it cost to insure a nineteen year old on a bike. i would have to be paying for every bit of cost the bike brings. i have been told that i am not allowed to think about a bike till i graduate but i think if i can pay for it all that i can get around. if i do get rid of the trac i will get it back when my bro gets out of med school because he will most likely get a new car. however that is four years away and it will be mostly worthless by then

Between the two chosen, I would go with the Acura.

The Audi (Volkswagen) line is sometimes problematic and the repairs are slow and expensive I hear.

And the Acura will have a higher resale when you're done with it.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Jerry's got a point, but also, the RSX is discontinued, so the resale instantly goes to crap anyway.

I have an 08 yamaha r1 and i'm 17 :D If you get full coverage, you're looking at THOUSANDS! But my liability through nationwide is only about $120!!!

i cant let my baby go even if it just goes to my brother. besides what will i haul my bike in. i think that im really wanting the fun to drive factor of a manual car as much as i am worried about the gas mileage. if i was all that worried i wouldnt keep the big tires on it. so i think im just gonna keep it, put some subs back it for when i wanna show off a little and then start saving up for tuition and a bike.

go with a cheap used bike preferably a cruiser

as the insurance will be a whole lot cheaper

than on a sport bike.

check your other post for my answer and a link

for a general idea on the SV650 you are thinking about.

Personally i cant wait until riding weather gets back, i missed

all of last year due to a neck injury and after 25 years of

riding i was jonesing big time.

what about like a honda 650 dirtbike that can easily be converted to ride on the street. would this cost more or less than a sport bike

Depending on your situation, if the ST is paid off or still payments. Either way it will cost you same if not more. Ditto what Todd said.

I thought about trading in my 99 F150 thats paid off for a 08 Focus. With a 200 month payment, plus gas, it would cost me more a month to operate the new focus than the paid for F150.

DON'T LET THE TRAC GO! I went from a 2003 F150 to a 2005 Focus because of gas prices. Got tired of not having a truck when I needed it, so I ditched the FoFo and got my Trac. You will regret it. Trust me!

Regardless of what anyone says here, you do what is best for you. You never know when you will need to haul or tow stuff, but if gas prices are killing you that much then go for the bike.

Just weigh the pros and cons of each and see which is right for you.

And ditto what Todd said, I wanted to get out of my Trac because of how much gas cost me, but I calculated that the savings of gas wouldn't make up for the difference in price that we would have to pay.