NO power passenger seat

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b thomas

Reaction score
Just got a Full Blown 2007 Limited 4x4, but guess what? Despite heated seats and a 10 way power driver seat, it has no power seat on the passenger side.

This is a $38K list vehicle with every option available, but you can't even order a power passenger seat!!!

I can't believe on an all new vehicle, this loaded, that Ford would all ready start skimping. Heck, I would've paid more money to get it, if necessary.

Those of you like me that this upsets, please write Ford so we can get this oversight on their part corrected ASAP!!!

Heck, you could order power passenger seats with a XLT model in 2005, but you can't get one on a LIMITED now???? Pitiful!!!!

:angry::angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha, they had that on the 01 ST as well. I had a fully loaded one and the passenger seat was not power. My 03 had power for both seats.

Really??? Do you move the seat that often, Especially the passenger seat???

Todd Z

Hmmm, I guess if were really important to you it might be nice to have as an option. It's not an issue for me. My passenger seat rarely gets moved and extra motors, weight, cost and complexity are things I don't need or actually want. They have to make trades in terms of cost and capability and this is one that I prefer.

The reason it is a big deal is that my wife and I travel a lot and being able to better position the seat as you've been in the vehicle for long distances goes a long way toward greater comfort. Plus for the money you pay for a Limited, it should be included!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife misses the power pass seat, I had in my T-Bird...especialy on long trips...

I think the limited should have it, JMHO...

"Phased obsolesence" as somebody else described it. I bet the passenger seat will have power available in later models.

My 04 has power controls on the passenger side. Go figure why Ford decided to go against it on the 07s. Oh yeah, "phased obsolesence" marketing.

Many vehicles with a power drivers seat do not have a power passenger seat. That is for the same reasons that few if any vehicles have power rear seats, seat heaters, adjustable lumbar supports, etc. =It's to save cost. Also, the simple fact that the driver has limited mobility while driving and needs an easy way to ajust the seat to allow comfort while still being in a position that allows the safe operation of the vehicle. The passenger can assume any confortable position that would not be practical for driving.

...Rich

I work in a Quality/Customer feedback position for G.M. in Spring Hill, TN., and

I see these kinds of feedback everyday at my job. The best advice I can give you

from what we base our criteria on, from what the customer wants, is to fill out the

Customer Satisfaction Survey that you normally get within 60-90 days of you original

vehicle purchase. There should be an additional area that you can write comments

or feedback in, if it is just not a simple "chec-the-box" area. Please write your comments

in the space provided, and if it is the same at Ford as it is where I work, they will take

these comments and suggestions seriously. This is how , what we refer to as " Mid

Model Year", or "Rolling Assembly Changes", get implemented.

And one thing still holds true, in my 25+ years in the auto industry, is to never buy a

vehicle in the first six months to a year of it's introduction, unless you are willing to

go through the re-design and re-engineering phases along with the manufacturer!!!