Noise from A/C fan

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I saw something on this before on the forum but can't find the article so sorry if this is a duplicate posting.
My A/C fan comes on full blast when I turn the A/C on. The noise sounds like a jet engine but it does go off after a while. When it is on it robs the engine of some power. It will do it after the engine has been sitting for a day or two on start up so I don't see how it can be external air temp related. I thought the fan would be modulated in some way to come on full blast when it is hot but only low speed on start up. Is there a controller for the fan speed or is it just full blast or nothing? I had read that a solenoid sensor in the transmission can cause the fan to come on like that due to a false heat sensor reading but I don't know if that is a likely cause. Is there a relay for the A/C cooling fan motor which could be replaced? Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Found out that this is a normal noise, seems very loud to me but everything else checks out. Sounds like a loud whooshing noise but it cuts out as the A/C clutch disengages when up to pressure.

Latest posts