Non functioning 6 disk Mach 300 (in a Mariner)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Area 51

Reaction score
Anyone know if there is anything additional that the service department can try to verify whether I have any CDs in the changer?

The Mach 300 at first tried for 3-5 minutes to "load" a new CD in one slot, then finally failed to load, and gave an error that I can not recall. Tried to do a "mass eject" at this point, and it tried to cycle through all 6 slots with no success at ejecting anything, and gave an eject failure notice.

Turned off the radio, back on, and now it just simply says "load error" whenever the load button is pushed. Nothing happens when the eject button is pushed.

The service deparment has a new unit ordered for me, which should be here in another day or so, but wanted to see if anyone with some Ford service knowledge might know anything specific they could try to see if there was any CDs in there.

My 6 disc changer done something similar to what you described. I pulled the fuse out of the fuse panel and put it back in. The unit then ejected the cds. I have not had a problem since. I don't know if this will work for you, just a thought .

In the case of the Sport Trac, there are actually two fuses. One for memory and one for power. I am sure your 300 is the same way. Pull both fuses and it will reset. You should be able to eject them and go from there...

Latest posts