Non limited slip diff?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris MacAdams 2

Reaction score
I have an 05 ST xls, its 4x2 with i beleive 3:73rearend, anyways what can i do to get a limited slip dif and would it be worth the money or should i just get something else with limited slip, keep in mind that im no mechanic and i have a very very basic knowledge of rear ends and differentails and so on, Anything you can tell me would help, Thanks

I would suggest a Powertrax No-Slip Traction System. I just installed one into the rear of my 4x4 and now it performs like a four wheel drive in two wheel drive. Limited Slip differentials can be difficult to set up properly and cost alot to install. The Powertrax is something you could do yourself.

I agree, that or some other locker is the way to go. Limited slip isn't as good as a locker and it requires replacement of the clutches. A locker, especially one you can shut on or off yourself, is the best thing to do aftermarket and cheapest.

I am with the others. The LS rear end is nice to have. But,,, if you have an open rear end and you are going to open it up to modify it you might as well go to a locker type system.

Do more research on how the various locking differentials function before you invest. You need to understand your options and the expense associated with each.