Not a care in the world I guess, Admins, Owners, ANYONE !!!! YEAH IM CALLING YOU OUT !!!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
OWNERS< ADMINS !!!

Seems another merge, site sale or whatever happened and the site lost ALOT of important information, photos and other data. Also the vehicle information is gone from under the members avatar.
This ALL is needed to help people out and not cause confusion.

The Data and old photos being lost is completely and utterly UNACCEPTABLE !!!!! This is the backbone of the site, period !!!!

If this information is completely lost, its a disgrace to what YOU have let the site become !!!!!

I hope there is a fix and repair ASAP !!!

Todd Z.
@Admin @FogLights

Last edited:

FogLights

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What old photos and The Data are lost. Can you give a specific example? And I see you have your information in your signature. That is an excellent place for it and more room than under an avatar.

The photos should all be here if they were not sourced somewhere else, if you see a thread with a place for photos and they are not there, please give the link here so it can be checked out and clear up on other threads also.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
Being in the signature line is annoying because then you have to look at the bottom of every thread and expect every member to put it there.
You also have to expect them to put the proper information and know exactly what they’re talking about when most new members and even existing members don’t have a clue as to generation and year differences. When it was under the avatar picture it was very easy to help answer questions as the two models of sporttrac are different and the answer is a different based on what the problem is they’re having.

As for the photos and information. It was our complete old library I probably had 30 to 50 folders and probably 2 to 300 pieces of information as far as documents and projects and things of that nature and how to maintain and work on these vehicles and as well as old photographs of meats and things that people can use for reference.

The section that said old library was clearly in our profile. It’s gone.

This has nothing to do with new photos that were posted in the last six months to a year. This is stuff that was posted from 2001 to present talking 20 years of information and photographs for every single member here.

OLE442

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
Some where way to close to the effen city
Yes, change is not always good! More often than not, I've found that change in many areas of our lives creates problems.
I liked the original site and have found a lot of things that have vanished over the years. I still come here and enjoy as best I can. Certainly, someone would have thought to save the tech articles and vast trove of information since the site was created?

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
That was the agreements when we sold the site, but it seems things change. And not in a good way. I hope it can be found and put back. It’s a huge shame and disappointment if not. That’s the whole reason and backbone of this site.

FogLights

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have returned user groups that have
1st Gen Owner
2nd Gen Owner
2 wheel drive
4 wheel drive
V6 Engine
V8 Engine

I've returned a few of these on members I could find on the archieve.org site. Did I miss any?

This came about by some trying to streamline the forum. But first we can work on getting these back for the active members, then we can be concerned about those not checking in now.

And then we can address the issue of the library. I'm going to need to understand a bit more about them before I can get it back, I may have to see what the tech can do.

But this is a start.

And I can start a thread that members can sign up with what goes on their account.

FogLights

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
@blert what is '01j2, I don't remember that as a banner. And didn't see it when I checked the wayback site.

blert

Supporting Member
1st Gen Owner
2 wheel drive
2001 job 2
Reaction score
@blert what is '01j2, I don't remember that as a banner. And didn't see it when I checked the wayback site.
Means 2001 job2. In '01 there were two different "jobs" with some big differences in them. If you are looking for help with an '01 you need to know which "job" it is. Can't remember if there was a tag for it, thought I would list it just in case. Thanks

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
Ok, Agreed its a start.... The projects, photos, and data is the huge part.... That's the folders and items that were stored on our Media library of all photos, meets, scanned schematics, information, and all that stuff.
The deep rooted Heart of the site. Hopefully its still on a server some where.....

To help back in December you posted in a post called "Old Library" There is where you brought over the links to all our old stuff from the original site.
Hope that helps you find the data and what happened to it.

Todd Z

RR-sport trac

V6 Engine
4 wheel drive
2002 1st Gen
Reaction score
1st Gen Owner
2nd Gen Owner
2 wheel drive
4 wheel drive
V6 Engine
V8 Engine

I've returned a few of these on members I could find on the archieve.org site. Did I miss any?

This came about by some trying to streamline the forum. But first we can work on getting these back for the active members, then we can be concerned about those not checking in now.

And then we can address the issue of the library. I'm going to need to understand a bit more about them before I can get it back, I may have to see what the tech can do.

But this is a start.

And I can start a thread that members can sign up with what goes on their account.
mine is 2002 1st Gen, 4wd, v6 - thanks

JohnPenny Peluso

V6 Engine
4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
Reaction score
1st Gen Owner
2nd Gen Owner
2 wheel drive
4 wheel drive
V6 Engine
V8 Engine

But this is a start.

Where do I go to update? or am I already there?

FogLights

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have to manually update you. Can you give me your settings that are needed?

Latest posts