Not bad for an old school F-150....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to find a lightning. I'd trade my ST for a civic and drive the lightning to the dump and on weekends :)

I always like this one. I keep it saved.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D43mL1p65vg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D43mL1p65vg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

That was pretty nice--it looks like the 350 gave the car a head start even ;)

That was almost obscene, that acceleration in a truck is astounding.

Lately, I've been finding that the trac's acceleration from a stop is really pitiful. I guess I was in denial before. At yeild-merges (where there's no merge lane, you have to wait for the gap) I'm on the verge of powerlaunching to get into the gap faster, as it feels like I'm crawling.

(of course, the merge spots are always almost perpendicular to the road for me, so that would me launching myself to immediately turn, and I'd rather not spin out....again)

fast Eddie'04:"JohnnyO, This is the one I like. F-250 vs Lightning."

I wish the people who post these videos would not cut them off so early! From what I could see of the Lightning's trap speed (100?) it looks like a stock Gen 2 L vs. a modified diesel. I always used to think of diesels as being slow. It's amazing how quick they can be with just a few mods!

R1ch999999: "I would love to find a lightning. I'd trade my ST for a civic and drive the lightning to the dump and on weekends"

I have the best of both worlds: my wife has an '01 ST and I have an '03 L. :cool: But the L is a killer in the fuel cost department nowadays -- 14 MPG on mandatory premium gas. :(

Suposidly, that F-250 is running a Cummins Turbo Diesel.

I do know for a fact that it is a diesel. Look at all that smoke! Why the owner would put a Cummins in a Ford instead of buying a Dodge with a Cummins has me baffled.

Tom

Kevin - If you have most of the performance mods for the trac it can get off the line pretty quickly. I have the y-pipe, high flow cat, cat back exhaust, intake, throttle body and a performance tune. I have no problems getting up to speed when I need to . . .:D:D:D

erm, let's see here....I have the coil, the wires, the shocks...and ummmm, well I took the silencer tube off the air intake....maybe that's why I have such a problem :unsure:

Latest posts