Not to be a Louisville 07 downer But...... ( sorry)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Just wanted to let everyone I finally got around to checking all the surveys and replies to posts about a Louisville 07....

Well the consensus is no. Almost everyone (while they had a great time) felt it would be better to do it every 2 years.

I agree, this will leave people time to plan personal stuff on the off years and give plenty of time to plan for the meets. Even if it is not a Louisville meet, IT could be some where Ford is willing to help us out...

I also think this would be good so that people can have small Local meets...

I was even thinking about doing Carlisle PA in 07 at the all FORD nationals... They have a huge truck section with judging and there are like 14K cars and trucks and tons of vender's. You can camp there for 10 bucks... I did it a lot with my mustangs...

I personally would Love to do another Louisville in 07 but I am saving for my wedding and that being in OCT 07, I don't think I could swing planning both....

I will be 100%, and I mean 100% ready to organize a Louisville 08 with Ford !!!!!!!!!!

Todd Z

You did a great job on this years meet. If you do plan the 08 meet I can only assume it will be as much fun probably even better.

I must admit, I'm alittle disappointed, but I certainly understand. Your right, it might be better to do it every other year. We just had a wonderful time at this years, and you and Rachel did a fantastic job with it. We definitely should plan some smaller meets though. I know I would be willing to drive some distance to attend.

I really love the Carlisle idea. Maybe several of us could get together and hit that one. Is Carlisle the place that had the armory next door that was trying to get some of their property? I think I heard that they worked all that out, but I was just wondering if it was the same place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Todd I would be glad to go to one in 08. I understand about getting your priorities straight and getting married is one big one.Being new to the ST I didn't get to go this year.But If you get one going I will get there and if I can I will help._Ron

Thanks for your efforts Todd Z. Appreciate the efforts regardless of year.:cool:

It looks like they may just be CLOSING the Louisville plant for good. We will know more by this Friday.............

Last edited by a moderator:
Martin, I think it is not soon though....

This news article says not right now...

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060413/BUSINESS/60413027

Todd Z

I stated in Louisville that it is not a good idea to skip a year between National meets where ever one might be held because of momentum being lost. That being said, it could be a good thing if there is strong FOMOCO backing is given to local meets with advertising through local dealerships, etc.

Footnote: One observation that my wife & I noticed in our cross country trips is the there is more of a family atmosphere / togetherness more noticable in the rural farm areas which is not seen in the west. :blink:

I remember offering to organize an alternative meet in OKC if no meet was being held in Louisville. Unfortunately, I won't be in the US to do it this next year. It's a shame, because I found a family farm similar to the one in Indiana. I would have followed through with it, even though I no longer own an ST. If possible, I'll still go to the next meet that is held.

I will be there no matter when it is.

Todd,

Thanks for the great time at the 06 meet.

Also no matter if its a national meet, or a local meet, if u need help organizing just let me know what i can do to assist.

steve

I was not fortunate enough to attend the 06 meet, not an ST owner yet, nor aware of this awesome site. But I have seen pics and it looked like a great time.

If the national does not happen for 07, I am up for a local, and Carlisle PA is a great idea.

Todd - thanks for the update. You did a spectacular job in 06 and am looking forward to 08 already!

I am interested in Carlisle 07 for sure! I've been to Corvettes at Carlisle with my 97 and previously my 78 Vettes many years. Do they still have the girls in bikinis contest at Ford Carlisle?

:D

Like Rodger, I don't think it's a good idea to start skipping years for the National Meet. If we don't have one in 2007, the odds of a sucessfull one in 2008 is much lower.

The problem has always been getting Ford to make definite committments in a timely manner. If Ford delays their decisions, many people cannot commit to scheduling vacation time with less than 4-6 months advance notice of the details of the meet.

I have always said that if you want a big turnout for the National meet, people need to know the dates and details no less than 6 months in advance. If you plan on having the meet in the middle of June people must know the details by the end of January at the latest.

It makes little or no difference when the meet is scheduled. People who have attended the most of the previous National meets will continue to attend them. Those who have never attended may attend if they can get the details far enough in advance. There will always be some people who would like to attend and may plan on attending but job or family committments will force them to back out.

I believe that Ford has changed Sport Trac/Explorer managers every year during the Sport Trac planning for the past three years. That has always been their excuse as to why they can never come up with the specific details early enough.

...Rich

I'm very much in favor of every other year. I think the meet will be fresher, and we'll have plenty of time to do it right.

Perhaps, when we get 200 STs coming to a meet, we can say it's a powerful enough event to do it annually, and have the funds to really go all out on planning and execution.

It makes little or no difference when the meet is scheduled. People who have attended the most of the previous National meets will continue to attend them. Those who have never attended may attend if they can get the details far enough in advance. There will always be some people who would like to attend and may plan on attending but job or family committments will force them to back out.

...and then you get those that could have a meet in their back yard and not be able to make it.

I doubt every two years will even increase the attendance my more then 5%.

Tom